Are you looking for a perfect beach vacation in December? Look no further than Florida! With its warm weather, crystal-clear water, and white-sand beaches, Florida is the perfect place to relax and soak up the sun. As the winter chill sets in, it’s time to escape to the Sunshine State and soak up some warm, sandy goodness. Florida’s beaches are renowned for their beauty and diversity, and visiting in December offers a unique experience. In this article, we’ll unveil the top 5 Beaches in Florida to visit in December 2023. Whether you’re a sunbather, water sports enthusiast, or nature lover, Florida has something special in store for you.
Why December is a great time to visit Florida beaches
December is a great time to visit Florida beaches because the weather is mild and the crowds are smaller. The average temperature in December is in the low 70s, and the water temperature is in the mid-70s. This makes it a perfect time to swim, sunbathe, and enjoy all the other activities that Florida beaches have to offer.
1. Clearwater Beach: The Perfect Beach for a December Vacation
Clearwater Beach is one of the most popular beaches in Florida and for good reason therefore it comes first in our list of the top 5 Beaches In Florida You Need To Visit This December. It has white sand, clear water, and calm waves, making it perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and water sports.
In December, the weather in Clearwater is perfect for a beach vacation. The average temperature is in the mid-70s, and there is very little rain. The crowds are also smaller in December, so you can enjoy the beach without feeling too crowded.
Here are some of the activities you can enjoy at Clearwater Beach:
- Swimming: The water in the Gulf of Mexico is warm and clear, making it perfect for swimming.
- Sunbathing: There are plenty of places to relax and soak up the sun on Clearwater Beach.
- Surfing: Clearwater Beach is a popular spot for surfing, especially for beginners.
- Fishing: There are many opportunities to fish off the coast of Clearwater Beach.
- Boating: You can rent a boat and explore the calm waters of the Gulf of Mexico.
There are also several nearby attractions that you can visit while you’re in Clearwater. These include:
- Clearwater Marine Aquarium: This aquarium is home to dolphins, sea turtles, and other marine animals.
- Pier 60: This pier is a popular spot for fishing, sightseeing, and dining.
- Fort de Soto Park: This park has 1,136 acres of beaches, dunes, and forests.
Hotels, average prices, lodging and dining information, and average cost of meals:
There are a variety of hotels to choose from in Clearwater, ranging from budget-friendly options to luxury resorts. The average price for a hotel room in Clearwater is $200 per night.
There are also a variety of restaurants to choose from in Clearwater, offering a variety of cuisines. The average cost of a meal in Clearwater is $20 per person.
Here are some highly-rated hotels in Clearwater with their average prices:
- The Westin Clearwater Beach Resort: This 4-star resort is located directly on the beach and has an average price of $300 per night.
- The Sandpearl Resort: This 5-star resort is also located directly on the beach and has an average price of $400 per night.
- The Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort: This 4-star resort is located across the street from the beach and has an average price of $250 per night.
Clearwater Beach is a great place to visit in December. The weather is perfect, the crowds are smaller, and there are plenty of things to see and do.
2. Siesta Key Beach: The Best Beach in Florida
Siesta Key Beach is known for its soft, white sand and calm waters. It is consistently ranked as one of the best beaches in the United States and comes next in our list of the top 5 Beaches In Florida You Need To Visit This December.
The sand on Siesta Key Beach is made up of 99% pure quartz, which makes it incredibly soft and comfortable to walk on. The water is also very calm, making it a great place for swimming, sunbathing, and playing in the sand.
In addition to swimming and sunbathing, there are many other activities to enjoy at Siesta Key Beach. You can go kayaking, paddleboarding, or shelling. There are also several nearby attractions, such as Siesta Key Village, Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, and Mote Marine Aquarium.
If you’re looking for a relaxing and enjoyable beach vacation, Siesta Key Beach is the perfect place for you.
Here are some tips for visiting Siesta Key Beach:
- Visit during the off-season (April-May or September-October) to avoid the crowds.
- Bring plenty of sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat. If you don’t mind the crowds, then December is perfect.
- Rent a beach chair and umbrella if you don’t want to pack your own.
- Be aware of the tides and currents before swimming.
- Respect the natural environment and leave no trace.
Nearby attractions you will definitely love to visit:
- Siesta Key Village: A charming village with shops, restaurants, and bars. Every Sunday evening, there is a drum circle at Siesta Key Village. This is a free event where people of all ages come together to drum and dance.
- Marie Selby Botanical Gardens: A beautiful garden with a wide variety of plants and flowers.
- Mote Marine Aquarium: An aquarium with exhibits on marine life from the Gulf of Mexico.
I hope this helps you plan your trip to Siesta Key Beach!
3. Cocoa Beach: The Surfing Capital of Florida
The third bach on our list is Cocoa Beach. Cocoa Beach is known for its wide, sandy beach with good surfing waves. It is a popular destination for surfers of all levels and is also a great place to swim, sunbathe, and fish.
The beach is located on the Space Coast of Florida, just a short drive from Kennedy Space Center. This makes Cocoa Beach a popular destination for space enthusiasts as well and we definitely recommend it if you are looking to visit any of the beaches in Florida this December.
Here are some activities you can enjoy at Cocoa Beach:
- Surfing: Cocoa Beach is a world-renowned surfing destination, and is home to some of the best waves in Florida. If you’re a beginner, there are plenty of surf schools that offer lessons.
- Swimming: The water at Cocoa Beach is warm and clear, making it a great place to swim. There are also lifeguards on duty, so you can relax and enjoy the water without worry.
- Sunbathing: Cocoa Beach has soft, white sand that is perfect for sunbathing. Soak up the sun and enjoy the beautiful views of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Fishing: There are plenty of fish to be caught off the coast of Cocoa Beach. You can fish from the beach, or rent a boat and head out to deeper waters.
- Jet skiing: Jet skiing is a fun and exciting way to explore the waters of Cocoa Beach. There are several companies that offer jet ski rentals.
Amazing nearby side attractions:
- Kennedy Space Center: Kennedy Space Center is a must-see for any space enthusiast. You can take a tour of the launch pads, see the rockets up close, and even meet an astronaut.
- Cocoa Beach Pier: Cocoa Beach Pier is a popular spot for fishing, dining, and shopping. There is also a playground for kids.
- Ron Jon Surf Shop: Ron Jon Surf Shop is a must-visit for any surfer. The shop sells everything you need for surfing, from boards to wetsuits.
Here are some things to keep in mind when visiting Cocoa Beach:
The weather in Cocoa Beach is warm and sunny year-round. The best time to visit is during the winter when the temperatures are mild. The beach can get crowded, especially during the summer months. If you’re looking for a more relaxed experience, visit during the off-season.
I hope this helps you plan your trip to Cocoa Beach!
4. Key West Beach: The southernmost beach in the continental United States
Key West Beach is located at the southernmost tip of the Florida Keys. It is known for its white sand beaches, clear water, and coral reefs.
The beach is a popular spot for swimming, sunbathing, snorkeling, scuba diving, and fishing. There are also several nearby attractions, such as Mallory Square, Hemingway House, and Key West Lighthouse.
Here are some of the activities you can enjoy at Key West Beach:
- Swimming: The water is clear and calm, making it a great place for swimming.
- Sunbathing: The sand is soft and white, making it a perfect place to relax and soak up the sun.
- Snorkeling: The coral reefs are home to a variety of marine life, making it a great place to go snorkeling.
- Scuba diving: The reefs are also a great place to go scuba diving.
- Fishing: There are many different fish species that can be found in the waters off Key West, making it a great place to go fishing.
Here are some nearby attractions:
- Mallory Square: This is a waterfront area where you can watch the sunset, see street performers, and shop for souvenirs.
- Hemingway House: This is the former home of Ernest Hemingway, where he wrote many of his famous novels.
- Key West Lighthouse: This lighthouse is over 100 years old and offers stunning views of the island and the ocean.
Here are some requirements for visiting the beach:
- Sunscreen: It is important to use reef-safe sunscreen to protect the coral reefs.
- Sunglasses: The sun can be very strong in Key West, so it is important to wear sunglasses to protect your eyes.
5. Naples Beach: A Paradise for Beach Lovers
Naples Beach is a beautiful stretch of white sand and calm waters located in Naples, Florida. It is known for its pristine conditions and is a popular destination for swimming, sunbathing, and boating.
The sand on Naples Beach is incredibly soft and fine, making it a pleasure to walk on. The water is also very calm, making it a safe place for swimming and wading. There are also several lifeguards on duty, so you can relax and enjoy your time at the beach without worrying about your safety.
In addition to swimming and sunbathing, there are many other activities to enjoy at Naples Beach. You can go boating, kayaking, or paddleboarding. There are also several nearby attractions, such as Naples Pier, Naples Botanical Garden, and Naples Zoo at Caribbean Gardens.
Here are some nearby attractions:
- Naples Pier: This pier is a popular spot for fishing, sightseeing, and sunset watching.
- Naples Botanical Garden: This garden features a variety of plants and flowers from around the world.
- Naples Zoo at Caribbean Gardens: This zoo has over 2,000 animals from around the world.
There are a number of luxury hotels, lodging, and dining options in Naples. Some of the most popular options include:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Naples: The Ritz-Carlton, Naples is a 5-star hotel with a private beach, 2 pools, and a spa.
- Naples Grande Beach Resort: The Naples Grande Beach Resort is a 4-star hotel with 3 pools, a golf course, and a spa.
- Edgewater Beach Hotel: The Edgewater Beach Hotel is a 4-star hotel with 2 pools and a restaurant with ocean views.
I hope this helps you plan your trip to Naples Beach!
In conclusion, each of these beaches in our top 5 beaches to visit in Florida in December offers something different, so you’re sure to find one that’s perfect for you. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your trip to Florida today!
Here are some additional tips for planning your trip to any of the top 5 Florida beaches in December:
- Book your accommodations early, especially if you’re traveling during the holidays.
- Pack plenty of sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat.
- Consider renting a car if you want to explore the different beaches and attractions in Florida.
- Be aware of the hurricane season, which runs from June to November.
Do you love to surf? Check out our article on the best beaches for surfing in Destin, Florida.
Wish you good luck.